Hunter X Hunter
Nen System Hunter12
Hunter X Hunter
Nen System Hunter12
Hunter X Hunter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the Hunter experience

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Staff Team
Founder

RPG Events
Nen System Hunter12
General
Nen System Phanto18
Latest topics
» Healers Delight Shop.
Nen System EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:35 pm by Shuao

» Banter!
Nen System EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 pm by Shuao

» Biography Rules
Nen System EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am by Tsunami

» Biography Guidelines
Nen System EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 3:21 pm by Tsunami

» General Submission Rules
Nen System EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:19 am by Tsunami

» Submission Guidelines
Nen System EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:21 pm by Tsunami

» Submission Rules
Nen System EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:40 pm by Tsunami

» Fame
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:19 pm by Tsunami

» Opening Adventure Event!
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:39 pm by Tsunami

» 2015, Biography Event!
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 pm by Tsunami

» Hunter x Hunter Locations
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 am by Tsunami

» Fighting Professions
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:36 am by Tsunami

» Hatsu Mastery
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:16 am by Tsunami

» Nen Percent Charts
Nen System EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:45 am by Tsunami

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
HXH Chat
Poll
Who's your favorite HXH Character?
Gon
Nen System Vote_lcap10%Nen System Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Killua
Nen System Vote_lcap30%Nen System Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Hisoka
Nen System Vote_lcap20%Nen System Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Mereum
Nen System Vote_lcap0%Nen System Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Illumi
 10% [ 1 ]
Chrollo
 0% [ 0 ]
Feitan
 10% [ 1 ]
Netero
 0% [ 0 ]
Ging
 0% [ 0 ]
Kurapika
 10% [ 1 ]
Leorio
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Nen System

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Hatsu : Emission

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Nen System   Nen System EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Nen System

Before explaining the Nen system I'd like to talk about Hatsu types in detail first because they can be confusing. Even with the guide that was used from Hunterpedia in the Understanding Nen topic. It might've been a little puzzling at some points - if you've read the manga or watched the anime(s), some of you will be on track with me. Those of you who've watched the anime but never payed attention to the the actual abilities should have decent understanding for them when I explain - in any case this will mostly help you out.

Multiple Hatsu Usage

In HXH you see individuals using more than one hatsu ability - first they'll use their natural ability which could be enhancer for example. You may see them using transmutation or emission - some may just stick with their natural born hatsu ability (Uvogin and Killua for example). It makes sense to use secondary hatsu abilities that mesh well with your original one. If you're an enhancer trying to use manipulation - or conjuration, you can mess up the growth of your potential by a lot because those hatsu categories aren't compatible with enhancer. In fact, going off the same example, if you're an enhancer, your natural affinity meshes well with emission and transmutation to the point you can use 80% of those categories skills. This increases your potential as a hatsu user vastly. Let's say you ignore emission and transmutation and go for manipulation and conjuration, as an enhancer you have 60% mastery rate for both categories, but it would do you no good because those categories are the farthest from yours. All this means is your attacks would be weaker - if you used emission and transmutation your hatsu techniques would be a lot stronger because their closets. The reason  it isn't a bright idea to ignore your adjacent categories is because they can help you out - if you neglect them and skipped to the 60% categories like I mentioned then you're just throwing away potential that could have been time spent on ones that were more worthy for you. In any case, with the HXH world it seems people can master all categories to some degree.  

Unless you're like Issac Netero or Biscuit who've pretty much mastered or almost mastered their styles - there isn't a need for you to over step your boundaries. The reason why Netero has three categories is obviously because he mastered enhancement which is his first category. Emission being second and the most comptaible for him, lastly he has manipulation abilities. To sum Netero up in my own view, he can afford a chance to use manipulation even though its the farthest from enhancer and emission because he's already mastered those two styles. It wouldn't hurt him at to learn something else. Two - instead of weakening his ability like Kastro who neglected the hatsu categories closer to enhancer, Netero is only becoming stronger.

Netero Nen Info (Optional Read):

Human Boundaries

This is mostly targeted to materialization users (conjurers, but truthfully to everyone). The information i'm about to explain will mostly be copied from the anime with a mix of my own examples to help. If anything conjurers should know they can only manifest one to two items, object or w.e you're going to fight with. You're allowed to give your manifested items abilities to your liking; but they need limitations and vows, or both to be used. No nen ability can be beyond human boundaries. For example if you tried to conjure a sword that can cut through anything - it's impossible, but let's say you make conditions for this sword before you materialize it, depending on the specific conditions you gave the sword , it can cut through almost anything; and that's only if you're conditions are met. I'll use Kurapika as an example now.

Kurapika fights with chains - he's unable to manifest them to be unbreakable. When it comes to the phantom troupe members his chains are unbreakable by any of them under a special technique that he uses with his chain which is called chain jail. Uvogin was physically the strongest member of Phantom Troupe and he could not break from Kurapika's chains (Chain jail was specifically made for the troupe). If he couldn't break from chain jail with brute force, no one else affiliated with the troupe should be able to either. However, based on the vows Kurapika made when he created the chain to enhance its ability, he added a limitation making chain jail even more powerful. The vow was to only use chain jail on the Troupe, the limitation i which results in punishment is him using it on someone who isn't affiliated with the troupe. He can only use his chain jail ability on the phantom troupe, if he should use it on anyone else that isn't with the troupe, Kurapika will die.  By placing extreme vows (contracts) on your hatsu abilities you can enhance its strength, if you break those vows you can destroy your nen or kill yourself (other contracts can be made). Another interesting conjurer would be Shizuku - she uses a vacuum that can only suck up non-living things that aren't created by nen.

Informaiton: Kurapika's Chain Jail taken from Hunterpedia:

Last edited by Tsunami on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hunterxhunter.forumotion.net
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Hatsu Clarification

Many people who are new to HXH get confused on the hatsu types - mainly with transmutation, emission and conjuration.

Enhancers

• Enhancers don't always have to be or appear "physically strong", they don't even have to be well-built, the enhancement hatsu amplifies one's aura to great extremes depending on the output levels. Physical strength can be increased because the aura around the selected body part or entire body is enhanced to produce greater combat levels for its user to compete with others. This hatsu also works on defense, but with regular nen abilities - anyone can enhance their strength , speed and defense tiers to a certain extent. But they won't reach the physical strength of an enhancer who activates their ability because their affinity is based on making them ridiculously  powerful through the workings of their hatsu, without it, you can pretty much compare their strength to normal. They can even reach good enough defense to withstand sniper bullets, bazookas - even biting off a persons arm or head with one go.

Conjurer

• Conjurers have the ability to manifest solid objects, items. Once their manifested the objects can be giving a single or multiple tricks.

Transmuters

• Transmtuers have the ability to transform their aura into special properties, for example - Killua can turn his aura (even transform his body to a degree) to mimic lightning/electricity, Phantom troupe member, Feitan uses his aura to mimic the solar sphere to blind and burn his enemies. Transmuter abilities don't have to be subjected to elements either - one can transform their aura into a dragon like Zeno Zoldyck or be like Hisoka and mimic the properties of gum.

Emission

• Emission is simply the ability to create an energy based attack like an energy ball or a you can mimic something similar to a Kamehameha. The farther the emission based attack is from the creator, the weaker it will become. An emission user can even create replicas of himself or something from his or imagination but the creations/clones wouldn't move with out manipulation skills.

Hatsu Percent Chart:

Last edited by Tsunami on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:26 am

Using the Nen Arts

Even though Ryu is considered one of the advancaed nen skills, it is one of the basic techniques to ensure survival. If you're not familiar with Hunter X Hunter this can be some what confusing ( -_- but what nen ability isn't confusing -sighs-). Based on the possibility that this can prove to be puzzling I'll be giving you all a basic guide that I came up with, along with the help of the Hunter x Hunter anime.

In season 4, episode 6 (Ep 64 if you count all the eps together). Biscuit teaches Gon and Killua the multiple functions of advanced aura techniques, if an opponent was to use a powerful offense - one would have to reply with an equally potent defense that could block it. Once the offense is blocked, the user on defense would typically receive no harm. If there was a case where harm was done, it was very minimal damage. In most cases some defenses can be destroyed with overwhelming outputs of aura. In the anime, Biscuit related the aura defense and offense to percents - if the aura percents matched, attacks could easily be blocked as I stated. The percents that Biscuit related to aura was manipulate around selected body parts Killua and Gon had to use. The two used Ken and then used Gyo on certain parts of their bodies as they trained. When Ken and Gyo are combined it creates Ryu, if you've watched the anime, none of the characters go over 80, i'm sure 85 would be okay, but if they went any higher into the 90 percentile range or even going into 100 the rest of their body would be defenseless. The purpose of ken is to protect the body while using Gyo, because fighting with ken alone is useless in terms of offense. The more aura used for the attack, the lower your defense will become in the state of ken.

If I used 90 - 100 for my Gyo attack then I would no longer be using Ken, the specific technique would be a Ko (to block extremely powerful techniques you need to block with ko) technique because Ko is only focused on one part of the body to do incredible damage that gyo in a regular state cannot perform. (Ko is the advanced form of Gyo)

This is a guide for you to look back on so you won't be confused in a future battle - this guide will explain the percents and how they can enhance physical strength, speed or various general attributes you have with the help of your aura. If you look below you can see the different regions of your body that you can apply your nen too

Head
Torso
Right Arm
Left Arm
Right Leg
Left Leg

Ten:

Zetsu:

Ren:

Gyo:

Ken:

Shuu:

Ko:

In conclusion to this post to make sure you use this system correctly, I just want to start off by saying -  THIS IS A BASIC A GUIDE. You can manipulate these percents how you wish, but for techniques like Ken, Ren, you must make sure your equally balancing the the percents in each part of your body. If you don't -  you aren't using it correctly and most likely you'll be using something else. For a technique like Ko - it will only go into 100 unless I say other wise. So when you use this system in role-play; you need to state how much aura your placing into your limbs and how much aura is leaving the other limbs depending on what nen ability you are making use of. I can make another chart for you guys as well if you're need extra help but that will be another thread. Before finishing this post I want to leave you with an example of what I mean. If you're using 40 percent for a kick, most likely the rest of your aura that's around your body will drop to 10%.

Last edited by Tsunami on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:33 am

Nen Arts In Detail

Some of you may be thinking about the explanation I gave prior to this post. You might be questioning on how you can actually use nen and what's the worth of the percents. For a quick and clear cut example, lets say a novice tried to fight an Adept.  A novice has 9 aura points while an Adept has 25 aura points, based on this difference the Adept can just about negate ALMOST every nen ability the novice performs. When I say almost - the only cases I can see them really effecting a higher level nen user is through a weapon enveloped by shu that's made to be sharp. The other option determines how unique their hatsu technique is. Generally an experienced nen user will be able to negate weaker nen based attacks with ease - so if you used Ko at novice level, that adept nen user can negate it with ease. (Even if a novice used Ko on an apprentice, they could still negate it if they blocked with Ko in return.)

If both nen users prove to be in the same aura category with matching aura points, they can just about negate each others nen abilities. What I mean by this is if you're opponent attacked you with with an enhanced kick made of basic nen and you surrounded yourself in more aura than they used to attack you with. Your opponent's attack is negated, even with the physical force (but that doesn't mean you won't go flying away in some cases). The only way to hit your opponent so they receive dmg is if you're both equal in aura strength is to rely on physical strength and other physical capabilities your character possesses. Just because you may be on the same level with aura points does not mean they can  negate every nen technique you perform. Generally if my opponent and I had 50 aura points each and he's negating my attacks (as I could his), I could use Gyo or Ko to enhance my attack power by some percents. I can add Ko or Gyo to my physical strength to inflict incredible damage (Even if he is using Ken, he wouldn't be able to block Ko with ken, only ko can block ko, but Ken can defend against gyo). The down side is i'm completely left open because I would only be focused on one region of my body to get the job done.

If my opponent and I match in the same aura category with the same points, he can negate my nen attacks, this would make me reliant on my normal physical strength to inflict damage. So if my opponent is blocking and my attack connects, it would only take the Endurance DMG gauge down by 0.5, but depending on your character's physical strength, the damage could be higher. For example, if your STR DMG is on +2, you can add 0.5 to 2 and your DMG rate comes out to be 2.5;  if your opponent had the endurance dmg gauge of 15, you'd be taking their gauge down by 11.5; To make even more devastating effects you could combine gyo or ko to your physical punch or kick, depending on the dmg rates that can be done, it could lead to different possibilities. For the most part you can add 0.5 to your character strength DMG along with ko or gyo. Basically all i'm saying is if both opponents are evenly matched, you're inflicting normal DMG on each other. This DMG is based on your character's current level in strength. Your nen combat is simply negating one another and you're getting no where this way. If your nen isn't making damage, then your physical strength will do so through a normal means. Even with that, the nen would reduce an opponent's physical strength greatly. If you combine your physical strength with more advanced nen techniques then the tables might be turned based on your freeform skills. Typically Ko and Gyo and based on how you use Ryu or your Hatsu, you can be a game changer during combat.

Let's say you are in combat and you're opponent uses a punch that surrounds his hand in aura, the aura raises his attack to 40%, you're not blocking that unless you use gyo to match the offense, or you could use Ken. Based off this explanation, defense can be destroyed from what percents say, and strong attacks can be blocked based on your defense percents. In other words, just because you match in aura categories with the same points doesn't mean anything if you don't match the percent of aura your opponent  distributes through out their body for attacks and defense.

Going back to both nen users being on the same level with identical  aura points. I will only allow negation if you're equal in aura points or if you're in another aura category that is higher than your opponent. If your'e 1-4 points below in the same aura category  and you use aura for defensive reasons, it can reduce that nen users attack by a few points. But you will still be on the end of receiving damage from their attack. So if you're 4 points away,you will only reduce the attack by 2.1, if you're 3 points away you will only reduce it by 2.2, if you're 2 points away you will only reduce the attack down to 2.3, if you're 1 point away you will reduce the attack by 2.4 (You're reducing DMG points btw) The closer your AP is to theirs, the more DMG you can reduce, the farther your AP is from theirs, the lesser you'll reduce.

Don't be confused by how the Strength and Endurance system works compared to this one - they're essentially the same systems. This system reduces physical strength by a lot, because nen is in effect helping you block. The endurance and strength system won't go by nen if no one is using it. So when people are using nen in a battle, you rely on this system and when there is no nen involved, you rely on the End and STR system. But if you're a total bad ass that doesn't need nen to win, you have my praise.

Last edited by Tsunami on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Ten and Ren

As stated in earlier information I said that I would touch up and Ten and Ren some more, this a small and simple system to follow. Without Ten, users of Ren (Will) can overwhelm you into being frozen with fear or pushing you back with out the need of physical altercation. If you awaken Ten, you can go against any ren, but let's say if the Ren user is in a completely different aura category than you are - based on that they can send a few chills down your spine. They even have the will to reduce your physical combat abilities down to 5 points in each category. But the decrease in physical points only lasts for 5 posts because later in the fight you should be able to loosen up more.

Last edited by Tsunami on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Ken

Ken is purely used for defense reasons in Hunter x Hunter, you could use it for offense but it will never be strong as Gyo, it would make more sense to combine the two and just use Ryu. Since it's different from simply blocking with the nen arts, it  has it's own system but it's nothing over the top.  Every aura category, when it comes to Ken will function the same. Ken can reduce any DMG done by normal nen attacks by 2.5. If you can't raise your defense percent  while being in Ken to match your opponent's strength, you will only  reduce 2.1 of their damage while being in normal and mid strength of Ken.  If you discharge your ken at full strength (while still being in a weaker nen category)  it will reduce a normal nen attack by 2.2%. You may be wondering what makes Ken so special than other defense nen abilities. It is weaker than Gyo and Ko, but the fact it was solely designed for defense purposes means a lot.

Ken naturally  blocks in a sense when you're not actively blocking with your arms, because of this it will always reduce an enemies DMG by 2.5; However if you fail to raise your Ken up to their attack percents you'll be taking a lot of damage. Only being able to reduce it by 2.1; The Ken system is only active when you summon it. If a nen user is in a higher aura category than you are, and they use Ken, they can negate your attacks like it's nothing. If you're in the same category, Ken can typically be beaten if you use Gyo (depending on the percent) and Ko will destroy ken along with the person using it no matter what. If a Physical punch were to hit someone in the state of Ken, the attacker's DMG LVL is  simply negated for every number range in physical strength. If you want to beat someone in Ken you have to use Gyo or Ko (or ryu) to hurt them. If you do that, your physical strength will surface, becoming relevant in the battle, in fact your strength dmg plus nen damage would inflict incredible harm on your opponent. Even with that they would still be able to reduce your attack by 2.5; if Ken goes against Ko, then inducement of an opponent's offense dmg is non-existent.  

Last edited by Tsunami on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Admin
Admin
Tsunami

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Closing Notes

I want to go over Nen arts in detail and Ken with a basic a short explanation, if you've already understood then there's no need to read this. Starting the nen arts and the section that was on blocking, what i'm saying is; if your aura is in the same category,on the same AP level and your using the same percents, then you and your opponent will most likely negate each others nen attacks no matter what. The only two ways to ounter that is your character's current physical strength and DMG, only that will make a difference since nen is negating attacks. You have the ability to use gyo, ko or ryu to change the out-comes as well. Ko can pretty much plow through any nen technique besides ko its self or a powerful hatsu. Gyo can be used, but it depends on how you use it, ryu as well. The second option is to increase your percent outputs, it doesn't matter if you and your enemy are exactly on the same level, if they fail to match the offense and defense percents you produce; the reducing of attacks is irrelevant, you're taking full on damage. Anyway, I hope that clears things up. If you're both equally matched in nen, then your going to rely on physical strength to perform the job.

Ken, Ken reduces the DMG of many attacks. While in the state of ken, physical strength can not harm you what so ever. Ken protects you from simple things - if someone should use nen against you in your ken state then their physical strength becomes relevant, but that doesn't mean they can deal perfect DMG. Ken will always reduce any attack depending on how you use it.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nen System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nen System   Nen System Empty

Back to top Go down

Nen System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hunter X Hunter :: Hunter X Hunter Base :: Rules and Guidelines :: Ability Guides-
Jump to: